Wednesday 26 March 2008

Desktop Tower Defense: The Casual RTS

Although I should really be gearing up for other important aspects of my life (most notably public examinations) alot of my spare time has been taken up by Desktop Tower Defense; a flash game on the PC.

This game is, as said above, simply put a casual RTS, you have bugs that come across your screen, and by placing different weapons ( with different amounts of power and speed) you destroy said bugs. Like most flash games it's simple but addictive, and reminds me of another favourite Space Giraffe. There is a clip of Desktop below.

Other tidbits:

  • Gametrailers TV is expected to announce that Iron Man will have a cameo in the Incredible Hulk game.
  • An Xbox.com update has been rolled out, and it looks like this:

This is one of the things I love about Xbox Live, I mean everyone knows about MyGamercard.net but I just love the idea of having a quick tag and an interface to synergise your Xbox and your PC and I think it really capitalises o the Facebook/Net2.0 idea.



Finally, I;m hoping to go see 10,000BC this weekend, can anybody tell me what it's like? And depending on how tired I feel I may, just may rent out The Condemned (a.k.a Stone Cold Steve Austin kicks ass)





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Desktop tower defence rules. Theres a game very similar to it on the PS3, 'PixelJunk Monsters' also good game. Finally you got your blog fixed although i like the classic GS one to be honest, too many memories.
Anyway, with 12 mins to the Apprentice i better get prepared.